A Real Tea Room in Your Home!
Free-standing Prefabricated Japanese Tea Room
- This traditional Japanese-style tea room will be a special space in your home.
It will be for your enjoyment and relaxation with the hope that you may regain peace of mind richness
of spirit and closeness to nature. These things are so easily lost amidst the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
Two Models are Available
|Standard model without roof
Dimensions:(W)7.25 ft,(D)9.75 ft,(H)6.25 ft
|Standard model with roof
Dimensions:(W)11.5 ft,(D)12.7 ft,(H)7.9 ft
- Standard models come in two types: with a roof (pictured on the right) or without a roof (pictured on the left).
- Positioning of doors and windows can be modified to fit the arrangement of the installation space (requires an extra fee).
- Standard models do not contain a sunken hearth. A sunken hearth can be added for an extra fee, but this typically requires elevating the floor of the tea room by about 12 In.
- Made-to-order models, with the dimensions, layout, and other details designed to meet your needs, are also possible.
- Tea ceremony utensils and other items depicted in the photographs other than the room itself are not included.
- Minimum access ay of 6.5 ft × 7.25 ft is required for delivery of the prefabricated units to the installation site.
Features and Benefits
- Easily add a traditional Japanese tea room to your home without the need for major construction.
- Genuine tea ceremony room with natural wood pillars, mud-plastered walls with washi (Japanese Paper) skirting, and straw tatami mat flooring.
- Handmade with high quality authentic materials by skilled craftsmen using traditional construction methods.
- Any unused floor space of approximately 110 ft² or more can be transformed into the Japanese room of your dreams.
- Can be easily assembled by local carpenters without the need for special equipment or tools in roughly 2~3 hours.
- Can be disassembled and removed returning the installation space to its original state (assuming proper installation).
- Can be used for the Japanese tea ceremony or simply as a unique space to enjoy food and drinks or as a special room to receive and entertain guests.
This product is made by Katou Biken, Inc. in Shizuoka, Japan. Katou Biken is a builder specializing traditional Japanese wood houses, tea-ceremony rooms, and shrine and temple structures.
For further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org